Sunday

The Stunning Batavia, Illinois Dam



It was 85F today, and Cathy had six hours of Cottage Stamper scrapbooking, and I had a rare day completely to myself. My son is away. So, I took full advantage, with a Breezer bike ride to Batavia's Windmill Festival along the Fox River. Drank a couple of beers while watching Celtic dancers and a karate demonstration. Then it was biking to the Batavia Dam. Batavia's crown jewel, the dam is broken on its sides, adding a very loud and beautiful cascade on each end of the dam. Even the big turtles love to bask in the flow. I cannot include all of the neat things I did today--I biked up the steep lawn in front of the Fabyan Windmill, learned about the Challenger Windmill Company, napped in a hammock riverside, read e-books by the Fox River, and biked for many miles. When I finally picked up Cathy, we were both tired, but decided to hit the Premium Outlet Mall in North Aurora for a few more hours. It's nice to be alone, though, for periods of time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails