Monday

Orianthi: Michael Jackson's Guitarist

Orianthi Panagaris (born January 22, 1985), known mononymously as Orianthi, is an Australian singer and guitarist. She is best known for being Michael Jackson's guitarist for his comeback concert series, This Is It.



Orianthi was Michael Jackson's lead guitarist and was present on all rehearsals for his This Is It concerts before his death.[13][5][8] In regards to being handpicked by Jackson, she stated:

“ I don’t know exactly why he picked me, but he watched my YouTube videos and loved them. He had his choice of guitar players, but I came in and played the ‘Beat It’ solo for him. Afterward he was so happy he got up and grabbed my arm and started walking up and down the stage area with me. He said, ‘Can you play once for me?’ He hired me that night. I wish he was still around. He made me believe in myself more, and I learned so much. Going into it, I thought it would be all about playing guitar solos. But the majority of it was playing chords and funky rhythms.[14] --Wikipedia

She did a decent job on MJ's Beat It, but the guitar solo, written by EVH, cannot be played like EVH by anyone.  It's a test of finesse.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails