Tuesday

Alec Baldwin: Someone Outta Straighten You Out


LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. actor Alec Baldwin says he has lost interest in acting and considers his film career a failure.

"I don't have any interest in acting anymore," Baldwin, 51, told "Men's Journal" in an interview for its December issue.

Baldwin, best-known for his Emmy-award winning role in the NBC comedy "30 Rock" and the man chosen to co-host the 2010 Oscar ceremony, added: "Movies are a part of my past. It's been 30 years. I'm not young, but I have time to do something else".

"I consider my entire movie career a complete failure," he told Men's Journal. "The goal of movie-making is to star in a film where your performance drives the film, and the film is either a soaring critical or commercial success, and I never had that."

"And now, the movies I've been in, I never give them a moment's thought. Every movie I've ever been in, I just avoid," he said.

Addendum: Perhaps Mr. Baldwin's career is in the toilet not only because he couldn't act his way into a high school drama, but also because he has a flaring temper. I don't know if his 11 year old daughter with actress Kim Basinger would agree after this loving phone message to her, but I want Alec to know that I've been insulted for the last time with his hayseed acting. I want to let you know just how disappointed in you I am, Mr. Baldwin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails