Sunday

The New Apple Tablet eReader/Computer



Coming potentially in November 2009 (by whispers), and certainly by early 2010. I have cancelled my Kindle DX order and will hold off on buying the giant magnifying glass at American Science so that I can read novels on my iPod Touch. Let's see what the mighty Jobs will bring to our book club table.


http://tinyurl.com/lkfqtg

From ZDNet 9/20/09: "A little birdy tells me that Apple will announce a 12 or 13-inch tablet in the fall of this year. Most likely in the September or October time frame. It will run the full Mac OS X and have a slot loading SuperDrive, an “iPhone-type” GPS chip and an Intel Core Duo processor, presumably Intel’s Atom."

I don't know if I want all that--I just wanna read a book on a large touch-screen, thank you. Articles still speculate whether Apple will continue to be a hardware provider for other e-book sellers, like it has several reader apps on the iPhone and iTouch (including an Amazon app so I can access my Kindle library), or whether they will seek a more online book merchandiser role in iTunes and be done with any affiliation with other bookstores.

The 800-lb gorilla is knocking at the door.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails